Watch our how-to video for a quick demo on how to get the layered effect in this red, white and blue layered drink. Instructions and quantities are listed below. Cheers!
SMALL BATCH / INDIVIDUAL DRINK RECIPE:
- Hawaiian Punch OR
- Cranberry Juice
- *Mix alcohol here (optional, I use Vodka)
- Light blue Gatorade, watered down with any of these options….
- Diet Sprite, Diet 7-Up, Soda Water, Plain Water
White = Ice
- Red drink & Vodka mix = 1/3
- Blue drink (75%) & water or clear diet drink to dilute it (25%)= 1/3
- Ice = 1/3
For this drink, I use thirds to make it easy. The amounts will vary depending on how many you’re making and the size of the glasses.
The key to this drink is the sugar levels. The more sugary drink will stay on the bottom and drink with less sugar will float to the top. Mix your alcohol in the red layer so the extra sugar will help keep it at the bottom. With the ice included, you’ll get the red, white and blue layered effect!
- In 1 cocktail shaker mix your desired red drink with alcohol if you’re using it. For 4 drinks, I use 6 shots of vodka and fill the rest of the cocktail shaker with cranberry juice or Hawaiian Punch
- Pour red mixture in to empty glasses
- Add ice so your cups are now 1/3 red, 1/3 ice. Use plenty of ice to act as a separator between the red and blue. Eventually the ice will float to the top.
- In the 2nd cocktail shaker, mix 75% blue drink with 25% clear liquid, choices noted above
- Pour blue drink SLOWLY directly over the ice to avoid mixing
*Garnish with American flag toothpicks, red or blue berries & enjoy!
LARGE BATCH / DRINK DISPENSER RECIPE:
- Same as above
- Red = 2 Liter or large bottle of cranberry or punch
- Blue = 4 large light blue Gatorades, watered down 1/4 a liter of any of these options: Diet Sprite, Diet 7-Up, Soda Water, Plain Water
- White = ice
- Same as above for small batch recipe
- Replace cocktail shakers with pitchers and pre-mix separately before pouring in to the dispenser
- Follow the same order – 1) red, 2) Ice 3) blue mix